ABoR MLS Strategic Policy Committee Member
2017 Candidate Form
Eligibility: Committee members must be REALTOR® members of ACTRIS and a Designated REALTOR® or Corporate Officer of a Firm, with the exception of one at large member, one BOD appointee, and one member from a neighboring region.
Mission Statement: To serve in a consultative and advisory capacity to the Board of Directors regarding policy promoting the ethical and responsible use of MLS data by Participants and Subscribers, third party vendors, and all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the industry that affect data use policy and the ethical and responsible dissemination of listing property information.
- Ensure ACTRIS Rules and Regulations are relevant and correlate with mandated NAR policy regarding data use and display.
- Develop policies and enhance the consumer facing website AustinHomeSearch to add value for REALTORS®.
- Serve as ambassadors to promote the strategic vision for the MLS: ABoR facilitates an orderly real estate marketplace that embodies cooperation and compensation for REALTORS® and provides comprehensive, accurate and timely real estate data for REALTORS® and consumers.
- Review and recommend data use policy as it relates to the ethical and responsible dissemination of listing property information. Data use policy can include issues regarding syndication, IDX, data licensing agreements, NAR policy, and ACTRIS Rules and Regulations.
- Research and deliver new tools to enhance the REALTOR’S® ability to remain relevant to the consumer through the consumer facing website, AustinHomeSearch.
- Explore opportunities to cooperate with neighboring REALTOR® MLSs.
- Participate in member education events as scheduled by ACTRIS pertaining to member services.
The MLS Strategic Policy Committee meets on a monthly basis, typically on 2nd Mondays, or as scheduled.
As a prospective member of the MLS Strategic Policy Committee, we would like to learn more about you and your qualifications. The information you provide us will help determine whether you would be a good fit for the MLS Strategic Policy Committee.
Click on the button below to access the MLS Strategic Policy Committee application form and tell us about your background and interests. You may save the completed form as a PDF and email as an attachment to AHendricks@abor.com.