'Tis the season of giving! The ABoR Foundation is looking to fill volunteer spots for Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build 2017! This is a great opportunity to spread holiday cheer and see the direct impact our hard work makes on a deserving family. The ABoR Foundation is proud to partner with Habitat for Humanity for the fourth time and we hope you can join us!
This year, volunteers will build a home for Austinites Laura Soto and her three teenage kids, Jonathan (19), Nathan (17), Sierra (16). As a single mother, Laura has been working hard for this moment and is excited to share it with ABoR volunteers! Learn more about the Soto family.
Shifts are from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. unless stated otherwise. Habitat for Humanity will provide all supplies, including hardhats. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to the work site. Food and a water station will be provided.
Work Day Shifts
- Tuesday, November 28 – Porch beams & temp posts, Paint fascia & trim, Load & install trusses, Blocking, Start windows and doors
- Wednesday, November 29 – Trusses stood, Outriggers, Start fascia, Windows and doors
- Thursday, November 30 – Decking, fascia, Paper walls, Windows, Outriggers, Start siding, Soffit, Start painting siding
- Saturday, December 2 – Exterior door & locks, Siding panels, Bird beaks, Porch posts, Battens, Assemble shed, Exterior painting, Complete Cornice
- Tuesday, December 5 – Rough inspection punch, Start fence posts, Complete soffit
- Thursday, December 7 – Build cabinets, Build fence, Caulk and paint siding
- Saturday, December 9 – Install interior doors, trim, and cabinets, Install hardware, Lockout, Gate
- Tuesday, December 12 – Paint and caulk interior carpentry & trim, Install baseboard, Paint exterior doors and baseboard
- Thursday, December 14 – Landscape preparation, Clean and detail house
- Friday, December 15 – Landscape, Lay sod, Dedication begins at noon.