The Austin Board of REALTORS® is committed to protecting brokers’ listing data and improving the quality of property information available to Austin-area homebuyers and sellers. As part of this commitment, ABoR has developed a set of data integrity standards to ensure brokers’ listing data is used and displayed in a responsible and ethical manner.
Websites that adhere to ABoR’s data integrity standards agree to display accurate, timely property information. These data integrity standards address many common data quality issues, such as the display of outdated, inaccurate, and off-market listings, and are consistent with ACTRIS rules and the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
Additionally, some of these guidelines include:
- Displaying the listing agent/firm branding and contact information
- Providing a link to the listing broker, agent, and/or MLS website property detail page
- Removing duplicate and off-market listings in a timely manner
- Maintaining a means to receive user feedback about the accuracy of information displayed
- Not syndicating listings to other websites without the Participant’s consent
- Publishers must remove licensed content from the site when a listing is no longer active
- Publishers will not solicit sold prices from agents
ABoR remains committed to syndicating only to websites that agree to use listing data in a responsible and ethical manner. We hope that these data integrity standards will pave the way for advertising options that benefit ABoR members and ensure data integrity.