REALTOR® Day at the Texas Capitol is next week! Get the scoop on what to expect on March 26.
If you’re thinking about attending REALTOR® Day, here are five things to expect about the day:
1. It will be crowded, but that’s not a bad thing. Over 2,500 REALTORS® from all across the state will be visiting their legislators that day, and you don’t want to miss out on this important effort. Legislators love to hear from their constituents most, so showing up to represent your profession is the most effective thing you can do this Legislative Session to ensure the real estate industry remains strong in Texas.
2. The BBQ lunch will be delicious. Texas REALTORS® hosts a delicious BBQ lunch under their building that will hit the spot when your stomach starts rumbling around lunchtime.
3. Parking will be at a premium. Like most of downtown Austin, parking is limited near the Capitol, especially during legislative session. But don’t worry, ABoR has made it easy on you by offering a bus from both HQ and the South location at 8 a.m. and will return at the end of the day. Hop on one of our buses and let someone else do the driving!
4. It will be official. Both the Texas Senate and the Texas House will declare March 26 officially REALTOR® Day when they are in session that morning. You can watch the action from the gallery of either chamber.
5. You will be well-prepared. Talking points will be updated up to the minute. Thanks to the hard work of Texas REALTORS® Governmental Affairs staff, the talking points for meetings with legislators will be updated up to the minute with the status of specific bills and will be available online!
REALTOR® Day is a fun and busy day and you won’t want to miss out! Be sure to register before the BBQ tickets run out!
P.S. Be sure to dress appropriately, and make sure your shoes are comfortable!