The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) Foundation is pleased to announce its 2014 scholarship recipients. After reviewing more than 200 applications, the Foundation awarded 22 Central Texas high school seniors and three university students with a total of $62,500 in scholarships.
“These students have displayed excellence in academics and are already making a difference within their local communities,” said ABoR Foundation Chair Susan Horton. “The ABoR Foundation believes helping students pursue higher education is an opportunity that gives back ten-fold to the Central Texas community. Thank you to the generous Central Texas REALTORS® whose support made this year’s scholarships possible.”
This is the second-highest total scholarship amount and number of recipients in the Foundation’s 36-year history. This year, the ABoR Foundation awarded 25 scholarships at $2,500 each. Congratulations to the following students:
- Adam Marin – Georgetown High School
- Alexandria Penshorn – Blanco High School
- Amanda Berger – Giddings High School
- André Free – Manor New Tech High School
- Audrey Hamlin – Georgetown High School
- Brittney Lum – Cedar Creek High School
- Caitlin Corich – Hays High School
- Collin Vanecek –Taylor High School
- Elizabeth Torres – Reagan High School
- Franklin Linam – Hill Country Christian School
- Hanna Searcy – Ann Richards School For Young Women Leaders
- Isabella Bortolussi – Lago Vista High School
- Jerry Groves – Wimberley High School
- Johnnie McElroy – Lake Travis High School
- Kayla Outlaw – Lago Vista High School
- Lane Bishop – Marble Falls High School
- Lauren O’Neal – Pflugerville High School
- Lucia Torres – Cedar Creek High School
- McKenna Baker – Florence High School
- Mehraban Kavoussi – Liberal Arts and Science Academy
- Michael Stripling – Marble Falls High School
- Whitney Wood – LBJ High School
- Andrea Barrick – The University of Texas at Austin
- Anthony Guzman – Texas A&M University
- Cheyenne King – Angelo State University
Each year, the ABoR Foundation conducts a raffle for a new Mercedes-Benz to raise funds for the scholarships. Tickets for this year’s raffle are available for $100 for one raffle ticket, three tickets for $200 or 15 tickets for $1,000. To purchase tickets please contact Gina Willemsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-454-7636 ext. 1601. The drawing will be held at the Austin Board of REALTORS®’ annual Realty Round Up trades how on October 15.
About the Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation
The ABoR Foundation is a charitable organization that supports the Central Texas community through the establishment of scholarship programs, creation of endowments for the betterment of the scholarship programs and serves as a conduit for relief funds in times of disaster. The Foundation has awarded more than 300 scholarships to college-bound high school graduates since its inception in 1978.
About the Austin Board of REALTORS®
The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) is a non-profit, voluntary organization dedicated to educating and supporting Central Texas REALTORS®. ABoR proudly serves over 9,000 members, promotes private property rights, and provides accurate, comprehensive property listing information for the Greater Austin area.