The National Association of REALTORS® recently released the 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers. Continuing a long–running series of large national NAR surveys, this report evaluates the demographics, preferences, motivations, plans and experiences of recent homebuyers and sellers. Results are representative of owner–occupants and do not include investors or vacation homes.
2015 Profile Highlights:
- At 30 percent, the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
- Buyers of new homes made up 16 percent and buyers of previously owned homes made up 84 percent.
- First-time buyers made up 32 percent of all home buyers, down from 33 percent last year.
- 87 percent of buyers recently purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- 88 percent of buyers would use their agent again or recommend their agent to others.
Purchase the full 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers here.
- Characteristics of Home Buyers and Homes Purchased
- Home Buying and Selling and Real Estate Professionals
- The Home Search Process
- Financing the Home Purchase
- For Sale By Owner Sellers
NAR member price $20!