Have you ever tried the Stats tool built into your Matrix MLS system? The module gives you the power pull a wide range of statistics for you and your clients to give you an even more in-depth, accurate look at the local market. There are preset searches to choose from, or you can customize your own search to pull the exact statistics you need.
Pulling these stats only takes a few minutes. An example statistics report is explained step-by-step below.
Pulling Year-to-Date (2016) Median Sales Price in Williamson County
From the Matrix home screen, click the Stats tab across the top. You can choose a specific property type to run your stats report for from the drop-down menu that appears, but we’ll just use the default Residential property type for this example.
You’ll see the default Stats page, including the System Presets box on the left-hand side of the screen. These System Presets represent some commonly used Stats searches. For this search, though, we’ll click the Customize tab that is to the right of the Presets tab.
On the Customize tab, you have a variety of time frames and statistics to choose from, as well as options to group them. For this example, select:
- Year to Date (2016) from the Time Frame drop-down menu
- Sale Price, Median from the Statistic drop-down menu
- You have the option to select the type of chart you would like to graphically view the data (defaults to Column)
- Month from the Group By drop-down menu
At this point, you can click the blue “Generate” button that appears once your parameters are in place OR you could make your stats report more specific (choose a specific MLS area or county, for example).
For this example, choose Williamson County from the County menu. With these filters selected, click Generate.
Would you also like to see the specific data that makes the graph?
The Stats tool can do that, too! Simply click the Data tab next to the Chart tab to see the exact data displayed in the graph, but in an easy-to-read table. You also have the option to export this data as a CSV Excel file.
You have now successfully run a Stats search within Matrix! The example above is just one of the searches you can run using the Stats module.
Adding Secondary Statistics
You can also run a search to compare two statistics against each other. For example, you can add the number of single-family home sales over the same Year to Date (2016) time-frame as a secondary statistic. To add a second statistic:
- Click Advanced Options at the bottom of the Customize.
- Select Sales, Number of from the Secondary Statistic drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the blue Generate button.
List of Stats Available in Matrix’s Stats Module
- Dollar Volume of Active Listings
- Number of Active Listings
- Average CDOM (Cumulative Days on Market)
- Median CDOM
- Close Price to List Price Ratio
- Close Price to Original Price Ratio
- Current Price/Square Feet Average
- Current Price/Square Feet Median
- Average Days to Sell
- Median Days to Sell
- Number of Expired Listings
- List Price by Square Feet Ratio
- Average List Price
- Median List Price
- Months of Inventory
- Number of New Listings
- Average Original Price
- Median Original Price
- Average Sales Price
- Median Sales Price
- Dollar Volume of Sales
- Number of Sales
To learn even more about this powerful tool and other Matrix features, visit the ABoR.com Academy Calendar and choose “MLS and Product Services” from the Course Categories drop-down menu. And remember, all ABoR MLS subscribers have access to FREE MLS classes as a member benefit!