17 Central Texas students receive combined $33,500 in annual scholarships
AUSTIN, Texas – May 12, 2017 – The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) Foundation awarded 17 Central Texas high school seniors and college students with a total of $33,500 in higher education scholarships at its annual Scholarship Reception yesterday evening.
“The ABoR Foundation scholarship program is a direct investment in the future of Central Texas communities, made possible by the generous support of more than 12,000 Central Texas REALTORS® across the region,” said 2017 ABoR Foundation Chairman Valorie Doyle. “We are thrilled to help pave the way for the next chapter for these deserving students and look forward to seeing the accomplishments of their future endeavors.”
The ABoR Foundation Scholarship Fund is one of the longest-running initiatives for the ABoR Foundation and is the cornerstone of its missional focus on education, along with housing and disaster relief. Since its inception in 1978, the Foundation has awarded more than 300 scholarships, including nearly $300,000 since 2012.
2017 ABoR Foundation Scholarship winners include:
- Hebsiba Barar – Reagan Early College High School, Austin
- Adelita Carrillo – Bastrop High School, Bastrop
- Maliyah Gaslin – Leander High School, Leander
- Liliana Palacios Herrera – Jack C. Hays High School, Buda
- Avery Herron – Dripping Springs High School, Dripping Springs
- Adela Hernandez-Jaimes – Travis Early College High School, Austin
- Aeslyn Kail – Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville
- Jordan Killebrew – Burnet High School, Burnet
- Cody Moore – Burnet High School, Burnet
- Madison Owens – Georgetown High School, Georgetown
- Jonathan Pavia – Crockett High School, Austin
- Alyssa Terry – LC Anderson High School, Austin
- Mariela Torres – Burnet High School, Burnet
- Dara Vasquez – Leham High School, Kyle
- Katelyn Wilhelm – Cedar Creek High School, Cedar Creek
- Christina Phipps – Austin Community College, Austin
- Allison Dip – The University of Texas at Austin, Austin
The Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation connects the philanthropic passion of Central Texas REALTORS® to worthy local causes related to housing, education, and disaster relief. As a mechanism for real estate professionals to donate their time, talent, and resources to charitable outlets, the Foundation helps impact, sustain, and support the Austin-area community.
The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) builds connections through the use of technology, education and advocacy to strengthen the careers of its 11,000 members and improve the lives of Central Texas families. We empower Austin REALTORS® to connect their clients to the region’s most complete, accurate and up-to-date listings data. For more, contact the ABoR Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-454-7636. For the latest local housing market listings, visit AustinHomeSearch.com.