Here’s what you should know about auto-emails in Matrix, including how to enable and disable them, and what to do if your client accidentally opts out of them and you need to opt them back in.
To set-up Auto-Email, first you need to have one or more Contacts set up.
Set Up Contacts
- Click the My Matrix tab, then click the link Contacts.
- Click the Add Contact button.
- Fill in all the information you want for the contact. The only required fields are First Name and Last Name. However, you must fill in an email address if you want to set-up this contact for auto-email. When you are finished, click the Add button. Now you are ready to set-up a Search.
Save a Search and Enable Auto Email
- Run a search and click the Save button at the bottom of the page. Click the New Auto Email button.
- Click the Primary Email Contact drop down box to select the Contact you want to assign to this search.
- Fill in the Subject for the new Auto Email.
- If you want, you can choose BCC: field and click the select box to send yourself a separate copy.
- In the settings section, you can choose to send the auto email in concierge mode, or save it as a favorite search on your Home tab.
- Choose a schedule for sending the auto emails ASAP, or Daily by clicking the appropriate radial button.
- Click the Save button. Matrix will immediately email the search results to your Contact. As new listings meet your search criteria, they will be automatically emailed to your Contact.
Disabling Auto Email
- Click the My Matrix tab, then click the Auto Emails link at the top of the page.
- Find the search you want to disable. Each Auto Email has the Contact's name listed. Expand the details for the Auto Email by clicking the triangle beside the name, or by clicking the name itself.
- Click the Settings button, then scroll down to find the Settings sub-header.
- Click the Disabled radio button, and then the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- You will notice that the graphic in the Status column has now been changed to a red circle with an exclamation mark. Auto Email is now disabled. If there are other searches set-up for the same contact, you need to disable each one individually.
Client Opt Back In to Matrix emails
If your client clicks the link the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email sent from Matrix, it will disable their auto email search. There are two steps to re-enable their auto email:
- Your client must send a blank email to email@example.com from the email address they used when they unsubscribed.
**They do not have to fill in a subject line or type a message.**
- You must go to My Matrix, choose Auto Emails. Click on the name of the auto email (under Subject column) or the corresponding downward-pointing arrow to open the full options; then click Settings.
- On the settings screen, under your message, change the auto email to Enabled and click save.
Your client should now be able to receive emails from Matrix.