Wanting to learn more about how to use MLS features, starting with the most useful and powerful of the tools? Look no further! We have compiled some MLS tips for using the various search features effectively, from running a search to navigating search results to using the speed bar search. These tricks are sure to turn you into a search wiz!
Running a Search
- Tip #1: Click the "Add" button at the bottom of the search criteria screen to customize the Quick Search or use the "My Search" link for each property type to create your own custom search.
- Tip #2: Use the "Layers" feature on the Map to display Flood Zones to be aware of whether your listing resides in the 100 year Floodplain.
- Tip #1: You can change the view of the search results display and control how many lines of data are displayed. Just remember to always save changes so that your results will display in your chosen format after each edit.
- Tip #2: Use the icons on the far right of the single line display to view photos, a map of the area, history of the property, and much more.
Speed Bar Search
- Tip #1: Only selected fields are searchable in the Speed Bar. Each of the fields has an assigned code, for example "RES" for Residential and "A" for Active, and "Sub" for subdivision.
- Tip #2: You can combine the codes for a more advanced search, such as combining "A" and "Sub" to find active houses in a specific subdivision.
These tips are a great starting point when using the Search features, but if you want to learn more, visit the Matrix Tips page.