Given recent restrictions by the City of Austin regarding gatherings of 10 or more people, the Austin Board of REALTORS® has closed all three of our locations until further notice. We’re still here to serve you remotely during our normal business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 512.454.7636.
Below are several additional actions we’re taking as an Association and an MLS to keep our market active and running as smoothly as possible, while also protecting the health and safety of our community.
- The ACTRIS MLS strongly discourages conducting open houses at this time. To that end, the ABoR Board of Directors voted this morning to suspend the Open House field in the MLS until further notice.
- We fully support the use of virtual showings within the MLS and encourage you to also consider social media, video chat, and other virtual meeting tools to continue to show property and meet with your clients if you don’t use them already.
- We hear the concern that this unprecedented situation is causing among our members and consumers, particularly regarding Days on Market, and encourage you to download our best practices and recommendations guide for counseling your clients and marketing properties during this difficult time.
- While ABoR staff are working remotely, please call 512.454.7636 to purchase a REALTOR® Store item, purchase a lockbox, or program a lockbox. We’ll schedule a “limited contact” pick up at the ABoR HQ to pick up your item(s).
- In lieu of Saturday walk-in service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re launching virtual environments to hold all volunteer committee and task force meetings. If you serve on a volunteer group, stay tuned for a message from your staff liaison for more information.
- ABoR offers a number of virtual ABoR benefits, including AceableAgent for free CE license renewal, and Remedy for virtual and in-home doctor’s visits on demand.
- We will have a virtual option for ABoR Academy classes and select ABoR events available soon. As a reminder, all ABoR events, classes, and facility rentals are canceled through April 30.
This is an unprecedented situation and we appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work through this together.
Austin real estate is still open for business, but our business is changing. Let us know how we can help you and in the meantime, stay up-to-date on our latest announcements around COVID-19 at ABoR.com/COVID19.