We all know how hot Texas can get during the sweltering summer months, but did you know that a simple fan can lower body temperature by up to 8 degrees? To the medically endangered and low-income elderly residents in our community, a fan can provide more than comfort -- it can save a life. The ABoR Foundation is teaming up with Family Eldercare again to collect as many fans as possible for the vulnerable in our community. Last year the nonprofit gave their 100,000th fan to someone in need. Of the thousands of fans collected and distributed to households, ABoR Foundation is proud to have contributed more than 100 fans and $7,500 toward that. Help us exceed those numbers this year!
How You Can Get Involved
- Donate via PayPal. Let's give as much flexibility to Family Eldercare to make the most impact for our most vulnerable.
- Donate a new 20" box fan or a new 12" oscillating fan May 1 through August 31. You can drop off fans through June 15 to our headquarters or south location, or to one of these AMLI properties: AMLI Eastside (1000 San Marcos St.), AMLI South Shore (1620 Riverside Dr.), AMLI Downtown (201 Lavaca St.), AMLI Covered Bridge (8715 W. Highway 71), AMLI 300 (300 N. Lamar Blvd.), AMLI at Mueller (1900 Simond Ave.), AMLI 5350 (5350 Burnet Rd.), AMLI on 2nd (421 W. 3rd St.), and AMLI on Aldrich (2401 Aldrich St.).
- To make this as easy as possible, we have also created an Amazon Wish List to purchase and send the fan directly to ABoR.
- NEW! This year we are helping to recruit volunteers to assist Family Eldercare during the drive. They are looking for 75 volunteers to participate in various capacities:
- Answer hotline calls and pass out fans in the Summer Fan Drive office. (Shifts are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and noon to 3 p.m. Friday.
- Deliver Fans to clients and/or distribution sites
- Join the Fans From Fans planning committee
- Volunteer during Fans from Fans Events