The ABoR Foundation's annual "Homes for the Holidays" Blitz Build kicked off TODAY!
While many attribute the holiday season to lavish gifts and crazy Black Friday deals, it's important to remember the reason for the season — giving. For the fifth year in a row, the Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation is proud to partner with Habitat for Humanity to provide a new home for a deserving Austin resident.
From November 27 – December 14, spirited ABoR volunteers like yourself are encouraged to spend a day with the ABoR Foundation and Austin Habitat for Humanity for our 2018 Holiday Blitz Build. We're giving the gift of a brand new home to Jessica Foster, an art teacher at Barbara Jordan Elementary School, a Title 1 low-income school in East Austin.
Spread the word to family and friends about this rewarding volunteer experience and have them join you for an awesome day of giving and fun! Sign up for any of the days listed below.
Details and Location
Shifts are 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. unless listed otherwise. Austin Habitat for Humanity provides all supplies, including hard hats. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to the work site. No previous experience required!
Work Day Shifts
- Tuesday, November 27 - Wall Raising Day: Wall Raising, Trusses, Sheathing, A/C Deck, Wrap Windows, and Painting
- Wednesday, November 28 - Trusses, Outriggers, Fascia, Windows and Doors
- Thursday, November 29 - Decking, Fascia, Paper Walls, Windows, Outriggers, Siding, Soffit, Painting
- Saturday, December 1 - Decking, Siding, Bird Beaks, Exterior Doors, Venting, and Painting
- Tuesday, December 4 - Shed, Soffit, Exterior Trim, Fence Posts
- Thursday, December 6 - Fence, Exterior Trim, and Rails
- Saturday, December 8 - Interior Doors, 2nd Stage Poly, Paint, Trim, Fence, Complete Exterior, Cabinets
- Tuesday, December 11 - Paint Exterior Doors, Baseboard Interior, and Exterior Punch List
- Thursday, December 13 - Landscaping
- Friday, December 14 - Dedication Day: Dedication to Jessica Foster at 12:00 p.m.