Volunteer During ABoR Foundation's Seventh Annual Blitz Build
One of our favorite volunteer opportunities is around the corner, and it’s a big one: On December 3, Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation is kicking off its “Home for the Holidays” Blitz Build with Habitat for Humanity for the seventh year in a row. Bring in the holidays by giving back to the community! We’ll be building a home for Tede Tchabou, an assistant in a nursing home and a mother of two teens.
Grab a friend and sign up below to volunteer during one of the ten fun and rewarding build days happening December 3-20.
Details and Location
Shifts are 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. unless listed otherwise. Austin Habitat for Humanity provides all supplies, including hard hats. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to the work site. No previous experience required!
Work Day Shifts
- Tuesday, December 3: Wall Raising Day: stand walls, top plates, porch beams and temp posts, paint fascia and trip, load and install trusses, blocking
- Wednesday, December 4: outriggers, OSB walls where needed, house wrap, start fascia, windows and doors
- Thursday, December 5: decking, fascia, start siding, soffit, finish windows, exterior doors and lock, start painting siding
- Saturday, December 7: siding panels, bird beaks, porch posts, finish soffit, battens, ensemble shed, exterior painting, complete cornice
- Tuesday, December 10: rough inspection punch, start fence posts, exterior paint
- Thursday, December 12: build cabinets, build fence, caulk and paint siding
- Saturday, December 14: install interior doors, trip and lower cabinets, gate
- Tuesday, December 17: install hardware, lockout, paint and caulk interior carpentry and trip, install baseboard, paint exterior doors, interior and exterior punch
- Thursday, December 19: landscape prep, interior and exterior punch, clean and detail house, rough grade
- Friday, December 20: Dedication Day: landscape, lay sod, dedication to Tede Tchabou at 12:00 p.m.