Virtual and video tours are an increasingly critical component of the marketing mix for property listings.
Today's homebuyers have busy schedules and are doing extensive property research online before contacting a REALTOR®. At the same time, growing real estate technology trends are slowly creating the expectation that consumers should be able to interact with a home virtually as well as they can in person.
That's all well and good, of course, but navigating the world of branded and non-branded virtual and video tours can be daunting. The latest edition of our MLS Tips video series explains the differences between Virtual Tours and Video Tours, what “branded” and “non-branded” mean, and where in the world these tours are going!
We threw a lot at you there in just a few minutes, so here’s a recap of what you need to know:
Virtual Tour vs. Video Tour
- Virtual Tour
- Slideshow of your listing photos
- 3-D click-through tours
- Video Tour
- Video walkthrough of a property
- Drone videos
Branded vs. Non-Branded
- Listing agent name and contact information IS displayed anywhere during the tour
- Hosted on a domain that includes your agent name, such as BillyBeamin.com
- Hosted on YOUR YouTube channel that is named after you
- Does NOT display the agent name or contact information at any point
- Not used on a branded or personal YouTube channel
- Note: the listing office can still “present” the listing
Where do these tours go?
- Most public portals, such as AustinHomeSearch.com
- Links ONLY display on the Agent 2 Page
- Agent 1 Page
- Single-line display
- Client Portal
With these tips to clarify your next listing tour(s), you’re ready to paint a picture worth well more than a thousand words.
Have an MLS tutorial idea? Let us know!
No one knows what you and your peers need better than you, so if you have an idea about a tutorial video, please contact ABoR Staff.