Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation awards scholarships to Central Texas students
21 students receive a combined $50,000 in scholarships
AUSTIN, Texas—Today, the Austin Board of REALTORS® Foundation awarded 21 local high school seniors and college students a combined $50,000 in higher education scholarships based on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and service, and financial need. This includes 16, $2,500 scholarships to high school graduates and five, $2,000 alumni scholarships to previous ABoR Foundation scholarship recipients.
“It’s a privilege to invest in the futures of each of these Central Texas students,” Mendy Clark, 2023 ABoR Foundation chair, said. “Through the ABoR Foundation, our 20,000-plus members donate their time, resources and expertise to advance local housing, education and disaster relief efforts. The drive, dedication and success that these scholars have already shown is an inspiring reminder of what the next generation is capable of.”
The ABoR Foundation has awarded more than 500 scholarships since 1978, totaling nearly $500,000 in the last seven years alone. Recipients must reside within ABoR’s 18-county Central Texas service area and have committed to a Texas university, college or trade school to receive the scholarship.
Funding for the ABoR Foundation Scholarship Program is made possible by the support of more than 20,000 Central Texas REALTORS®, real estate professionals and 21 committed scholarship donors.
“As a real estate professional and native Austinite, helping the next generation of Austin’s leaders uncover their strengths and pursue their dreams is something I take pride in,” Ashley Jackson, ABoR president, said. “Financial assistance to higher education is life-changing, and I want to thank the ABoR members who volunteered countless hours reviewing applications and the donors whose incredible generosity made these scholarships possible.”
Winners of the 2023 ABoR Foundation scholarships include:
- The Bradley and Beverly Williams Family Scholarship: Abbigail Delacruz – Cedar Creek High School, Cedar Creek
- Seely Real Estate Scholarship: Adrianna Allen – Canyon High School, New Braunfels
- Bill Evans Scholarship: Anna-Laura Whitaker – St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School, Austin
- Kuper Sotheby's International Realty Scholarship: Cade Becker, Canyon High School, New Braunfels
- Christine Chau Scholarship: Elena Alvarado – Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville
- The Bradley and Beverly Williams Family Scholarship: Jayden Raney – Cameron Yoe High School, Cameron
- Marietta Scott, Moreland Properties Scholarship: Hannah Blankenship – Canyon High School, New Braunfels
- Hughes & Company Real Estate Scholarship: Jacqueline Carter – Canyon High School, New Braunfels
- Vanessa Nunez, eXp Realty Scholarship: Ella Pogue – Liberty Hill High School, Liberty Hill
- SV Real Estate LLC Scholarship: Jessica Peralta – Stony Point High IB World School, Round Rock
- The Manny Arce Scholarship: Nicholas Betts – Byron P. Steele II High School, Cibolo
- Independence Title Scholarship: Oliver Grabner – Round Rock High School, Cedar Park
- AREAA Austin Chapter Scholarship: Priya Chandrani – Dripping Springs High School, Austin
- Hammond Family Scholarship: Ryan Chaffin – Smithson Valley High School, Spring Branch
- Avalar Real Estate Scholarship: Scarlett Park – Canyon Lake High School, Spring Branch
- Christopher Michael Bruns Scholarship: Troy Barnhardt – New Braunfels High School, New Braunfels
In addition, ABoR Foundation scholarship recipients can reapply for the scholarship as an alumni recipient. Winners of the 2023 ABoR Foundation Alumni Scholarship include:
- UFCU Mortgage Services Team Scholarship: Angelica Cordero – University of Texas - San Antonio, San Antonio
- Past Presidents Scholarship: Casey Ponce Maruri – Texas A&M University, College Station
- Bridget Ramey Scholarship: Elizabeth Haegelin – Texas A&M University, College Station
- Rob and Kim Higgs, KibRoh Construction Scholarship: Mia Weidenbach – Texas A&M University, College Station
- Fight. Grind. Repeat. Scholarship: Stephanie Dominguez – El Paso Community College, El Paso
For more information on the 2023 scholarship recipients or the ABoR Foundation Scholarship Program, visit ABoR.com/Scholarships.
The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) is a nonprofit organization that has been serving the needs of Central Texas REALTORS® and homebuyers, sellers and renters for nearly a century. Through professional development, grassroots advocacy, and community, we give our 20,000+ members the power they need to ensure people have homes. Our multiple listing service (MLS) connects both agents and consumers with the most accurate and robust real estate marketplace in the region. For more information, contact the ABoR public relations team at email@example.com. For the latest local housing market listings, visit AustinHomeSearch.com.
The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) Foundation connects the philanthropic passion of Central Texas REALTORS® to worthy local causes related to housing, education and disaster relief. As a mechanism for real estate professionals to donate their time, talent and resources to charitable outlets, the ABoR Foundation helps impact, sustain and support the Austin-area community. For more information, please visit www.ABoR.com/Foundation.